We are the leading experts and advocates in healthy aging for central Vermonters. We respect the wishes of aging persons to age at home, remain healthy, stay active, and connected to the communities they know and love.
Our Vision is a world where aging is honored.
Our Mission is to support central Vermonters to age with dignity and choice.
What we Value: At CVCOA, we believe in the self-determination, dignity, and choices of elder persons.
How do we do it?
We connect you to benefits and services you may be eligible for such as personal care, household help, housing, transportation, mental health services, and legal support. We create an individualized plan for you and coordinate your services for your long-term support at home.
- We help family caregivers and loved ones to cope and thrive.
- We refer you to Meals on Wheels and nutrition services.
- We connect you with volunteers when extra help is needed.
- We advocate for aging persons in the community and before policy makers.
- We work hand in hand with our partners in healthcare to coordinate your care needs.
- We respond to your calls Monday-Friday about any aspect of senior services.
Since 1972, CVCOA has supported aging persons in central Vermonters. We are one of five Area Agencies on Aging in Vermont authorized to provide services under the federal Older Americans Act.