Options for Seniors & Caregivers
Senior Helpline 1-800-642-5119

Please enter a search term to begin your search.

Donate to CVCOA
small text medium text big text


Adult Day Services Centers

Adult Day Centers in Vermont – statewide list of adult day centers

Adult Protection

Vermont Adult Protective Services – APS investigates reports of abuse, neglect or exploitation of a vulnerable adult or complaints against a facility or agency that provides health care. Contact the VT Agency of Human Services, Div. of Licensing & Protection at 1-800-564-1612.

Advance Directives for Health Care

Vermont Advance Directives Registry (VADR) - secure online registry of advance directives. Registry allows for 24 hour access to Advance Directives by hospitals and health care providers across the country.

Vermont Ethics Network - access to Vermont Advance Directives for Health Care forms

Arts and Education

Road Scholar - educational adventures created by Elderhostel

River Arts Elder Arts program in Lamoille County

UVM Osher Lifelong Learning - lectures and films

Assistive Technology

Assistive Technology Exchange in New England - offers web-based clearinghouse for affordable assistive technology.

Vermont Assistive Technology Program - state program to increase statewide access to assistive technology to people of all ages and abilities.

Vermont Telecommunications Equipment Distribution Program - free adaptive telephone equipment


Benefits Check Up - comprehensive web-based service of the National Council on Aging to screen for public and private benefits programs for seniors across the U.S. with limited income and resources.

mybenefits.vt.gov - official State of Vermont website for public benefits such as 3SquaresVT, Fuel Assistance and state health insurance programs. The Benefits Service Center can be reached at 1-800-479-6151.

Community Resources

Vermont 2-1-1 provides all people in Vermont free access to community resources through information and referral through a searchable website or by calling 2-1-1.

Dental Health

Toothwisdom.org - oral health resources for older adults

Seniorsoralhealth.org - tips and information about good oral health for seniors


Deaf Independence Program (DIP) - the goal of DIP is to achieve equal opportunities for deaf and hard of hearing people; provides information, peer counseling and advocacy. DIP is a program of Vermont Center for Independent Living at 1-800-639-1522 (Voice & TTY).

Vermont Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired (VABVI) - provides comprehensive support, training, and services to visually impaired persons of all ages.

Vermont Center for Independent Living (VCIL) -services include: information & referral, peer advocacy and community outreach, individual and group skills training, systems advocacy; also meals on wheels, home access program, and funding for services and equipment. Call the I-line at 1-800-639-1522 (Voice & TTY).

Driver Safety

AARP Driver Safety Program - test your driving IQ, take the driver safety online course, and locate AARP driver safety programs in your community

Family Conversations with Older Drivers - safe driving for a lifetime

At the Crossroads: Family Conversations about Alzheimer's Disease, Dementia and Driving

Dementia and Driving

Elder Advocacy


COVE - Community of Vermont Elders 

Elder Services

Eldercare Locator - nationwide registry to help elders and families locate resources in any community in the United States.

Vermont Dept. of Disabilities, Aging & Independent Living (DAIL)

Employment & Training

Vermont Associates for Training & Development - Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) provides employment training opportunities to assist Vermonters 55+ gain job skills. Call 1-800-439-3307. 


Guardianship of Older Adults – prepared by Vermont Law Help, this document answers frequently asked questions regarding guardianship

Office of Public Guardian - Division of Disability and Aging Services

Home Modification & Repair

USDA Home Repair Loan and Grant Programs - provide assistance to very low income owners of modest single family homes in rural areas for home improvements to remove health and safety hazards or to make a home accessible for household members with disabilities.

VCIL Home Access Program - provides home entry and bathroom accessibility modification to low-income Vermonters with physical disabilities.


Central Vermont Medical Center - in Berlin (Washington County)

Copley Hospital - in Morrisville (Lamoille County)

Gifford Medical Center - in Randolph (Orange County)

LGBT Elders

GEN SILENT - documentary about Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender older people who face fear of discrimination and abuse as the age and require services.

National Resource Center on LGBT Aging

SAGE (Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders) USA

Vermont Diversity Health Project - VDHP's mission is to improve the health and wellness of LGBTQ Vermonters.

Vermont LGBTQ Elders Groups 

Nursing Homes

Vermont Nursing Homes by County list – prepared by DAIL- Div. of Licensing & Protection

Lamoille County:

Washington County:

Orange County

Personal Safety Devices

Independence at Home – call 802-498-5770

Life Line

Social Security

Social Security Administration - calculate and apply for Social Security, disability & SSI, and survivors benefits 

Telephone Assistance

Lifeline/Link Up - programs to assist low-income households to acquire and maintain telephone services administered by VT Dept. of Children and Families at 1-800-287-058

Vermont Telecommunications Relay Service - connects deaf, hard-of-hearing and speech-impaired persons with users of regular telephones (Dial 711). 

Unclaimed Property

Vermont State Treasurer's office - click on link or call 1-800-642-3191 to check for abandoned or unclaimed property

Vermont Area Agencies on Aging:

Veterans Affairs

Vermont Office of Veterans Affairs - benefits and programs or call 1-888-666-9844

Veterans Benefits Administration - benefits for veterans and dependents

White River Junction VA Medical Center - or call toll-free 866-687-9363 


Care Trak Northeast


Safe Return (Alzheimer’s Association and Medic Alert) - or call 1-800-863-3429


Weatherization program – is reduces energy costs for low-income families by improving energy efficiency through insulation and draft reduction measures. Call Capstone Community Action at 1-800-639-1053.

Vermont’s Weatherization program – is designed to help low income Vermonters save fuel and money by improving the energy efficiency of their homes.