Options for Seniors & Caregivers
Senior Helpline 1-800-642-5119

Please enter a search term to begin your search.

Donate to CVCOA
small text medium text big text

Public Housing

Senior Public Housing

Public Housing is an option for subsidized apartments that are owned and operated by a federally-funded housing authority.

These apartments are available to people 60 years of age or older or to younger people with disabilities.Apartments are independent and do not provide any additional services.

Section 8 Housing

This is a program administered by a housing authority that provides rental assistance for tenants who are renting from private landlords.

Under Section 8, a tenant would usually pay about 1/3 of their income in rent, with the remainder paid directly to the landlord by the housing authority. If the total rent for the apartment exceeds program guidelines, the tenent may be responsible for extra charges.

At this time the waiting list for Section 8 is several years long. You may apply for Section 8 through the housing authorities listed below.

Central Vermont Housing Authorities:

For housing authorities serving all other parts of the states, please click here.