We are the leading experts and advocates in healthy aging for central Vermonters.
is a world where aging is honored.
is to support Central Vermonters to age with dignity and choice.
What We Value
At CVCOA, we believe in the self-determination, dignity, and choices of elder persons.
CVCOA is one of five Area Agencies on Aging serving seniors and their families in Vermont.
CVCOA serves adults 60 and older living in Central Vermont, their caregivers, partners and families without discrimination and regardless of income. For certain programs, we may provide services for younger adults with disabilities.
We serve the 54 towns of Central Vermont: all towns in Washington, Lamoille, and Orange Counties (except Thetford), as well as the towns of Bethel, Hancock, Granville, Pittsfield, Rochester, Royalton, Sharon, and Stockbridge.
Towns outside the CVCOA service area are served by one of these other agencies:
- Age Well serves Addison, Chittenden, Franklin, and Grand Isle Counties (Except for towns of Granville and Hancock)
- Northeast Kingdom Council on Aging serves Caledonia, Essex, and Orleans Counties
- Southwestern Vermont Council on Aging serves Bennington and Rutland Counties (Except for towns of Pittsfield, Winhall, Readsboro, and Searsburg)
- Senior Solutions serves Windham and Widsor Counties (except for towns of Bethel, Rochester, Royalton, Sharon, and Stockbridge; includes towns of Searsburg, Readsboro, Thetford, and Winhall)
How do we do it?
We connect you to benefits and services you may be eligible for such as personal care, household help, housing, transportation, mental health services, and legal support. We create an individualized plan for you and coordinate your services for your long-term support at home.
- We help family caregivers and loved ones to cope and thrive.
- We refer you to Meals on Wheels and nutrition services.
- We connect you with volunteers when extra help is needed.
- We advocate for aging persons in the community and before policy makers.
- We work hand in hand with our partners in healthcare to coordinate your care needs.
- We respond to your calls Monday-Friday about any aspect of services for older adults.
Since 1972, CVCOA has supported aging persons in Central Vermont. We are one of five Area Agencies on Aging in Vermont authorized to provide services under the federal Older Americans Act.
For full range of services, download our brochure.
Older Vermonters Act
Act 156, the Older Vermonters Act, passed the Vermont legislature in September 2020 and was signed by Governor Phil Scott in October 2020. This Act creates a set of principles for a comprehensive and coordinated system of services, supports and protections for older Vermonters, expands the scope of the State Plan on Aging, requires an annual legislative report on Adult Protective Services, calls on Vermont to create an Action Plan for Aging Well to build an age-friendly state, and creates a self-neglect working group.