Options for Seniors & Caregivers
Senior Helpline 1-800-642-5119

Please enter a search term to begin your search.

Donate to CVCOA
small text medium text big text

Kinship Caregivers

Kinship caregivers are older adults who are raising their grandchildren or the children of other family members.



Kinship Respite Grants:

CVCOA offers a limited number of $100 respite grants to grandparents or other relative caregivers 55 years of age and older providing care for children 18 years of age or younger.

Grants can be used for in-home respite with a sitter, child care outside the home (overnight), afterschool programs, counseling or support fees. For more information about the kinship respite grants and to apply, contact the Senior Helpline at 1-800-642-5119 or cvcoa@cvcoa.org

Support Groups:

Washington County – Contact Evelyn Sawyer at 802-476-1480 or evelyns@wcmhs.org

  • First Wednesday of the month at First Presbyterian Church in Barre, 10:00 am – noon
  • Second Thursday of the month in Montpelier, 6:00 – 8:00 pm
  • Third Tuesday of the month at Wesley Methodist Church in Waterbury, 6:00 -8:00 pm

Orange County – Contact MaryEllen Otis at 802-685-2264 or maryellen@orangecountypcc.org

  • Orange County Kinship Care Support Group meets the first Tuesday of the month, 6:00 – 7:30 pm



Vermont Department for Children and Familiesclick here

Vermont Kin as Parents (VKAP) – offers information about resources for kinship families. Contact 802-338-4725 or www.vermontkinasparents.org

Resource Guide for Kinship Caregivers – joint publication of VT Department of Children and Families (DCF) and VKAP. Click here for PDF version.