We have assembled the following list of resources to assist you in finding and hiring paid caregivers to help in your home.
- Homecare Providers in the CVCOA Service Area is a list of agencies that offer homecare services in Central Vermont.
- Senior Companions are older volunteers who provide friendship to elders and assistance with simple chores.
- The Vermont Direct Care Worker Registry provides a searchable list of homecare workers looking for employment.
Be advised that no background checks have been conducted for those listed in this registry. Links to state agencies providing background checks are available on the website.
To set up a free account to use the registry, enter "123856" as the access code and enter "CVCOA" for the affiliated prganization.
- Employing a Caregiver in Your Home: A booklet prepared by the Vermont Association of Area Agencies on Aging that outlines the tax responsibilities of employers of home health care workers.
- Hiring In-Home Help: A factsheet prepared by the Family Caregiver Alliance outlining how to employ a home care worker. It discusses the pros and cons of hiring a home care worker independently or through an agency.