Central Vermont Council on Aging provides direct services to seniors, but we don’t stop there.
With as many as 34 million Americans caring for an older family member at home every year, our Family Caregiver Support program is here to assist you in caring for your aging relatives.
Providing care for a parent or loved one can be surprisingly stressful. Over time, this can end up being detrimental to your own health, which is why we work hard to help those who care for older Vermonters to maintain their health and well-being.
- Central Vermont Council on Aging provides the following supports for family caregivers:
- Caregiver Training such as “Powerful Tools for Caregivers” which provides information and support about coping with caregiving.
- Respite Grants to allow you to take a break from caregiving by providing funds for adult day services or in-home help.
- Social Activities such as Caregiver Teas and Memory Café provide opportunities for relaxation, enjoyment of the arts, and sharing with peers.
- Caregiver Resources covering adult day services, caregiver health, websites and more. · Kinship Caregiver Resources for older adults caring for and raising their grandchildren.
Read our caregiver brochure for a detailed description of our Caregiver services.